Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

A busier summer

I haven’t even started rehearsals yet, and I’ve already been bumped up the cast list for The Fantasticks at the Ashtabula Arts Center’s Straw Hat Theater. I was going to play the part of the Guy who Dies…a funny, smallish role. I found out yesterday I will be playing the part of the father of the boy, a main role in the small cast, meaning I’ve got at least eight songs to learn.

It should be a fun show to do as I know, like and respect the director and all the other actors. Stay tuned.

*****

Guitar update: It’s going well. Doc-wife has joined me in my quest to be a jukebox hero, and now we play our Fender Stratocasters (mine Ice Blue, hers Midnight Wine) for an hour or more every day. We can give a recognizable chords-only rendition of quite a few songs that use the 15-20 chords we know…we were working on “Freebird” by Lynyrd Skynyrd this morning.

The Freebird video (not us) is here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home