Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Update: Oz, Fantasticks

I went to callbacks today for The Wizard of Oz at the Ashtabula Arts Center so the director could take a look at the potential Dorothies, Auntie Ems and Wicked Witches. My ears are still ringing from the characteristic cackling of the witches and I was happy to see terrific people there auditioning for the parts. It was a riot to hear the witches cut loose for the first time (of course, then I couldn’t hear anything.) Question: Should there be blood flowing from my ears and “ahhh-hahahaha!” reverberating in my head?

Several of the Dorothy candidates are taking part in the “Kids Sing Broadway” production this weekend at AAC…we saw it last night and it was terrific. Such singers…I’ll have to scrape the rust off my own pipes to keep up. The talent bodes well for a good show this summer.

And speaking of summer, I also learned I will be playing the part of Mortimer, The Guy Who Dies in “The Fantasticks”. I’m not really familiar with the part, but from a quick Googling, it looks like it should be fun. I’ll be playing another Indian…this time with a Cockney accent…I KNEW I was going to be typecast after “Cuckoo’s Nest!”

*****

I’ll write more interesting stuff tomorrow when I have more time…I promise!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home