Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bring me the head of F-250 engineer!

I would like someone to bring me the head of the Ford engineer who decided to design the F-250 Heavy Duty Crew Cab diesel so that the oil pan can only be changed by REMOVING THE FRIGGIN’ ENGINE FROM THE TRUCK! That would be the same oil pan that has a habit of RUSTING THROUGH in salty climes, or so the service advisory says!

I noticed some oil leaking from the truck at Wal Mart yesterday…about a cup or so ran out while we were in the store for about an hour. Called the Ford place up the hill…was told to bring it in that afternoon. Cool. He called me back in a couple hours…hole in the oil pan…also checked out that diesel smell I’d been smelling…fuel bowl leaking…sweet. Easy fixes, right?

Then came the bad news:

He: The bad news is we have to pull the engine out of the truck and turn it over to change the oil pan.
Me: WTF!?!?!@? Hahahaha! I thought you said you had to pull the engine out of the truck…funny, huh?!
He: Yeah…so you’re looking at about $2,300. And just for the record, we have no sense of humor.

TO CHANGE A FREAKIN’ OIL PAN!?!

I read on the internet some guys have tried to do it by jacking up the body and loosening the transmission to get enough clearance, but they always end up with an oil leak. So now I’m stuck with no recourse. I just want to find that Ford engineering wunderkind who committed that little whoopsie and carve $2,300 worth of lead out of his worthless ass with a rusty grapefruit spoon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home