Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

In Spring, the young man's thoughts turn to...scuba?

The weather has turned nice – well, at least somewhat spring like - this week, and I’ve been looking at my poor, lonely wetsuit hanging disconsolate in the closet.

I looked up the weather for Mt. Storm, WV, yesterday and things look good for an early spring dive trip. A high-altitude (elev. 3,244 ft.) power plant lake, the water in Mt. Storm never gets much below 65 degrees. The limiting factor there is the outside temperature, and it can sure get chilly up there on top of that mountain – we have driven past the lake many times when the mercury was dipping into blue-ass cold territory.

So I think it’s time to get the tanks filled and other gear dusted off. The kids’ spring break is coming and I think a quick scuba trip is in order.

And I’m sure those Mt. Storm catfish are hungry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home