Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cold steel nostalgia

Cold steel nostalgia

There’s another Gunrunner online gun auction going on now through Feb. 12 and there are a couple items of interest to me…reminders of lost youth.

When I was a teenager, I saved a lot of the money I made working at a local plant nursery and persuaded Dad to buy me a gun…a Remington 572 BDL Fieldmaster Deluxe .22, complete with 3-9x scope. To this day, that remains my favorite .22…not a squirrel was safe in the woods when I was armed with that slick-shooting beauty. I traded it away in college (for what I can’t remember) and have always regretted that decision.

So lo and behold, the latest online auction has two 572s included. Of course, they’re the lower grade ADL version, but the same mechanics, pointability and feel. Hopefully, one or both will make their way to my gun safe at the conclusion of bidding.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home