Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Drool time...another Gunrunner auction


Steyr Mannlicher Model L in .22-250

Holy crap! Another Gunrunner internet auction is set for the end of June and they've started posting items for sale. This Steyr Mannlicher Model L 22-250 really caught my eye. I had a chance to buy one of these in 30-06 a few years ago in West Virginia, complete with Zeiss scope, for $1,000, but passed. I've been kicking myself ever since. They are beautiful guns with outstanding craftsmanship. Double set triggers, of course. I'll be watching and kicking myself as this one passes out of my price range - which is pretty limited...remember my $50 gun from the last auction!?! I'm still wating to get that gun back from the gunsmith with the verdict on its caliber.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gunrunner Auction is more of a junk yard run by a prostitute than a legitimate gun auction house. Now do not get me wrong, I am all for making money but this auction house sell you a piece of pipe nailed to a board and call it a vintage Winchester ready for the woods. I have had the occasion to purchase a couple of guns and have been disappointed in each. They have a tendencacy to overlook certain blemishes on a gun that would reduce the value of a gun and of course their commission. If you buy an old Winchester 1894 lever action you think they would notice that the lever will not cycle rounds into the chamber or say a gun they classify as having good rifling would not have a barrel diameter that would allow the projectile to drop straight through the barrel. All potential buyers should approach this business with a bit of skepticism. If you rely on their assessment of a gun, you could end up with the pipe and board!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home