Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Top-shelf only, please


My $50 rifle

I went deep into the money vaults for my purchase this weekend from The Gunrunner's internet auction. This Steyr Mannlicher-Schoenauer 1930 System sporting rifle cost me a whopping $50 plus auction fee and sales tax. The rifle is already drilled and tapped for a scope and though listed at 6.5 mm on the auction site, the rifle is clearly of much larger bore...perhaps 8 mm. Of course, I'll have it slugged by a gunsmith to determine the actual chambering. It's got a very clean-breaking trigger and a nicely-dimensioned stock in need of a little finishing work...maybe some hard maple accents? Barrel length is just under 24 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home