Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Monday, April 03, 2006

More from DeWine:

I just heard back from Sen. Mike DeWine's office about my previous email. His pandering reply ticked me off, so I had to write again. My letter:

Sen. DeWine:

I received your (office's) reply to my previous email in regard to illegal immigration. From your reply:

"To tackle this problem, we must have a comprehensive immigration plan that toughens our borders, documents illegal immigrants, and provides for American labor needs. On March 28, 2006, the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am a member, passed immigration legislation out of Committee.
The legislation is the first step toward comprehensive immigration reform."

Let me make this perfectly clear...no guest worker or path to citizenship concessions UNTIL AFTER ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION HAS BEEN SHUT OFF. We were promised after the amnesty in 1986 that illegal immigration would be halted...well guess what? It has increased exponentially.

Conservative voters...your voters...have been yelling for years to cut off the flow of illegal immigration over the border. So we're supposed to trust that enforcement will now be forthcoming? Save your "comprehensive immigration reform" until after you have staunched the flow of illegals - quit trying to turn a clearcut law enforcement issue into a feelgood measure favoring people who have chosen to flout our laws!


The Rantmeister

Update: I received the same form letter back in reply to this letter. Better read your mail, senator, it probably contains some warnings about your chances in the upcoming election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home