Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Without remorse

I’m generally a pretty easy-tempered guy, despite the picture on my blog. It takes a lot to get me riled up.

Reading the reports that a dozen Muslim males went to the school of one of the daughters of the Danish cartoonists, looking for her, makes my blood boil. Fortunately, she was not there at the time.

You see, I have a daughter. I am of Danish descent. I have also been threatened over things I wrote in the newspaper. That brings this story close to home for me. My rule is simple: you endanger my family and you should not hope for any mercy in my response. Read Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse to get some idea of what I’m talking about.

I take very seriously my duty to protect my family. And I have no doubts about my ability and willingness to kill someone threatening them. I’ve killed a lot of things in my time, from small game to ailing family pets and farm animals to big game animals…thug threatening my daughter? Just stop me from gutting him out when I’m done…just reflex, you know.

That stuff probably plays big in the barbaric land of your origin, Mohammed, and might even be excused for a time in an emasculated Europe. The tipping point is coming, though, and you shouldn’t confuse reticence at killing with inability to do so. Picking on children has a way of removing the genocidal fail-safes from even the most multicultural among us.

Threaten the children and you die? I think I can live with that.

Update: This is apparently a "post office type" story that grew with each retelling. See Agora's post in the comments for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home