Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Reason number 2 why I love Ebay

I just finished scouring Ebay for some items I robotically and routinely hope will eventually show up (because everything eventually shows up on Ebay, doesn't it?)

Those items include:

*The television series "Strange Luck."
*Cincinnati radio station WEBN's local compilation album from the 1980s which included the surf punk band Blanco Nombre and the Babettes (I think it's the only thing they ever recorded.)
*The British television series "The Champions."
*Mercyhurst College memorabilia.

Well, I crossed item #1 off that list today, thanks to a seller in Australia. I've been looking for "Strange Luck" for years...all I could find from Amazon was a "related searches" page. The series dealt with a main character, Chance Harper, played by D.B. Sweeney, whose life was marred by instances of extreme luck - both good and bad. It was a really cool premise and show, which, like so many other "deep" shows, died an untimely death.

In case you were wondering, reason number 1 why I love Ebay is that it lets me unload some of our stuff to other unsuspecting stuff buyers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home