Nielsen's ra(n)tings

Politics, guns, homeschooling for the gifted, scuba, hunting, farming and somewhat coherent occasional ranting from your average Buckeye State journalist/dad/farmer/actor.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Carpentry time

My project this afternoon will be the installation of a half-door between our kitchen and dining room to help us confine the dogs to half the house.

I found a door which matches the others in the house in one of our outbuildings yesterday and spent some time salvaging some nice, period, decorative hinges from a door in the same building. The blog-daughter washed the chicken poop from the door. I cut down the door yesterday to the right dimensions and will take chisel and mallet in hand this afternoon to mortise in the hinges and hang the half-door, which is complete with a period lockset. I found a nice slab of oak in my off cuts to make a sill at the top of the door. Stay tuned for pics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home